School Uniform Policy
Uniform & Dress Code Policy
Exploration Elementary Charter School for Science and Technology will maintain and enforce a uniform student dress code policy for several important reasons;
1. Uniforms reduce distractions and competition based on clothing;
2. Uniforms reduce costs for parents;
3. Uniforms create a sense of group identity and unite us as a community;
4. Uniforms teach students the importance of dressing appropriately for school and work.
All students must come to school dressed in accordance with the school dress code every day. This helps Exploration Elementary Charter School for Science and Technology maintain a sense of community and personal responsibility. In addition, every effort must be made to ensure students come to school neat and clean.
ALL students at the Exploration Elementary Charter School for Science and Technology are expected to wear the following:
· Polo shirts with collars, these shirts can be in three (3) Colors: Navy Blue, Light Blue, and White. No sweatshirts or hoods are permitted. No writing or images are permitted to appear on the shirt.
·Khaki or navy blue pants* (slacks) or shorts** (length must not be above the knee);
(No jeans or excessive pockets are allowed.)
Boy's hairstyles must be conservative with hair being off the collar.
Earrings and other body piercing ornaments are not permitted.
Khaki or navy blue pants* (slacks), skirts, shorts** or jumpers, must be longer than the fingertips when arms hang at the student's side. No leggings, jeggings, or any other denim style bottoms are permitted. Spandex shorts or cheer shorts should be worn under skirts and jumpers.
No patterns, words, designs or images are permitted to be on tights.
A reasonable number of earrings are permitted. Only ears may be pierced.
Makeup is not permitted.
**Shorts may be worn warmer weather months, August-September and May-June
The following policy applies for both Boys and Girls:
· Students must wear closed-toed shoes or sneakers that tie, Velcro, or buckle at all times.
· The heels on shoes may not exceed two inches (no platforms or chunkies).
· Sandals and shoes without backs are not allowed.
The following policy applies:
Clothing that is vulgar, depicts discriminatory, or obscene words or images, or that promotes weapons, drugs, alcohol, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, violence or gang symbols is prohibited.
A plain blue fleece may be worn over the uniform in cooler weather.
Cold weather attire may include turtlenecks of school color. Students may wear jackets, hats and scarves outdoors for activities in cold weather.
Hats of any kind are not permitted inside of the building.
Parents of students requiring accommodation for religious beliefs, disability, or other just cause must contact the Principal.
Every Student should have an extra set of uniform clothes in their locker at all times throughout the school year that will be for their use only. If the extra set goes home, a clean set should be sent back in with your child to replace the one used.